VILLAGE OF CRETE DIRECTS AUCTION
AGGRESSIVE TIF OFFERED! FULL PHASE BY PHASE DEVELOPMENT PLAN PROVIDED!
55 ACRES FULLY DIVISIBLE ACCORDING TO END USE
ON BUSY DIXIE HWY– MINUTES FROM I-394
1045 Main St. Crete, IL – on I—394 & Richton Rd
The subject property consists of 55 fully divisible acres of prime development land in the heart of Crete’s business district. Less than an hour from Downtown Chicago and located only half a mile from downtown Crete. Aggressive and tailored TIF offered by Village of Crete.
This property is ripe for commercial development, with a Speedway across the street, a motorcycle dealership, Crete Library, several restaurants and bars, and Kohls, Culvers, McDonalds, GoLo, and a John Deere dealership just minutes from nearby I-394.
In addition, there are several schools nearby such as Crete Elementary, Illinois Lutheran Elementary, Balmoral Elementary, Crete-Monee High school with 1,700 students, and Illinois Luther Jr –Sr High.
Highly motivated seller. Buyers can also take advantage of lower Will County taxes compared to other Chicagoland counties.
Under the leadership of Village Mayor Michael S. Einhorn, the vision/concept for this prime property is as follows:
- Natural areas and unique site features are conserved as major public open spaces
- New commercial parcels are created along the Main Street frontage
- Residential parcels for duplexes or other appropriate housing types are created to bring homes nestled in natural areas
- A trail and pedestrian system that connects the natural areas is envisioned
- A parcel for future civic uses next to the existing library is reserved
- An approach to build in viable phases is available